Boise Airport (BOI)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Boise, Idaho - ID, USA)
With many daily flights to American cities, such as Denver, Las Vegas and Seattle, Boise International Airport (BOI) is the main gateway to Idaho and its capital, Boise. Located in the southwest of the state, the airport is located 5 miles / 8 km south of Boise, just off the I-84. Interconnecting roads include South Vista Avenue, South Broadway Avenue and South Federal Way.
On the southern side of Boise Airport, West Gowen Road skirts the southern side of the complex. This road is sited off South Orchard Street and South Pleasant Valley Road, which heads in a southerly direction towards the Ada County National Guard Maneuver Area.
Directions to Boise Airport (BOI) from the north:
Directions to Boise Airport (BOI) from the east:
- Take 9th Avenue south, which becomes Capitol Boulevard, then join Vista Avenue
- Vista Avenue becomes Airport Way, which in turn leads directly to the terminal building
Directions to Boise Airport (BOI) from the west:
- From the Twin Falls / Mountain Home direction, take the I-84 west until you reach the Vista Avenue / Air Terminal turnoff at Exit 53
- Turn left onto Vista Avenue, which becomes Airport Way. This leads directly to the terminal building
- From the Oregon / Nampa / Caldwell / Meridian / Eagle direction, follow I-84 east until you see the airport signs after Eagle, then take the Vista Avenue / Air Terminal turnoff at Exit 53
- Turn right onto Vista Avenue, which becomes Airport Way and leads directly to the airport terminal and airport parking lots
There are rarely any traffic jams or hold ups along the I-84, but do allow yourself some extra time if you are traveling south to Boise Airport through downtown Boise, particularly during the morning and evening rush hours.
Boise Airport (BOI): Virtual Google Maps